Monday, February 1, 2010

shorties 3

Freedom of Choice, 1



What a feeling it is to be married! Take it from me; I’ve been married for eleven years now and I still can’t seem to get over it…..sentimiroy effect……

I very much remember the first time Hillary and I met. There was not the cinematic thrill of the sea-breeze, nor the romance of the candlelit party, or the excitement of a social gathering nor the suspense of a blind date. It was a funeral, for Pete’s sake [and don’t ask me who Pete is…..that’s another story!]. But there was something in that small-girl look, that serene smile, the pristine face, deep-black eyes and confident bearing that taunted me. It haunted me. It got into me.

Before long, we were out on dates, having the time of our lives making faces at each other. I really am surprised that such a kaleidoscope of expressions can come out from a single face, Jim Carrey notwithstanding.

Then we have these popcorn fights – so damn North American – and silly games. It was all happening so fast and we were lost in the excitement of being with each other, being free, being happy, being ourselves and most of all, being in love.

I think that is the common link between us. Hillary wants to be herself as much as I want to be myself. The greatest thing is that we can be what we need to be, what we wish to be together and with each other! Sometimes things get so mushy we feel we ought to transfer to jobs as Hallmark and earn from our corny thoughts instead.

It was therefore inevitable that we took to living with each other and playing the husband-and-wife stuff. You know, the stuff Cardinal Sin warns us all about. But we always say that it was more than just the dull and routine man and wife thing, that it was a Hillary and I affair.

How I savored the feeling of just being with her! The feel of her long black tresses in my fingers, like silk. The smell of her, everything about her is an aphrodisiac, a stimulant and a relaxant to me. Go figure.

Many times did we sneak out for a shopping spree, then to a disco where we danced till our clothes clung to us like second skin. Then home to watch our favorite movies on betamax because we had these old beta tapes we didn’t want to throw out, laser discs be damned. Then maybe a cozy, home-cooked dinner and then – ah, bed.

There is no hurry anymore when we make love, we bask in each other. There is more to it than just lust. It is something coming from both the heart and the loins. Her expressive kisses, her passionate embraces, her loving caresses, her intelligence, her wit – God, what a feeling. What a woman!

It is now often that we talk about eloping since marriage seems to be out of the question. We don’t think marriage is cut for us. When you love each other as we do, you do not need to get married.

Besides, I am.

My wife’s name is Monica.

No comments:

Post a Comment